Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Men's Spring Fashion 2009, Sunglasses

As a guy who likes to keep up with seasonal fashion, I was inspired by a recent article at Associatedcontent.com listing some must haves for Spring 2009 men's fashion. Among some typical gear, the author ranked designer sunglasses as a must have for the coming spring. As a proponent of designer sunglasses (they LAST!), and since my pair of Tommy Hilfiger sunglasses were accidentally dropped in the ocean last summer, I decided to put together a quick list highlighting my best spec picks for the season.





Guess GU 6156




These square frame Guess glasses are a safe choice for casual wear. Stylish and not overly aggressive, they can hang on the end of your nose in case you need to do some scouting sans the shades.






Nike Supercharged 800.P EV0464




Does it show my age if I call these Nike glasses my Johnny Knoxville pick? These shades look tight with a collared shirt or a sport coat (nights can be chilly in the northeast)






Silhouette 7395





My interest in Silhouette glasses was sparked by a ECJ case I read in an International Intellectual Property class (international exhaustion of property rights) . Until then I was unfamiliar with the brand, but they're huge in Europe (an Austrian Company). This pair screams bronze - pair it with off-white, cream, you name it. Take these shades out for a night downtown, just rest them up on your head. Nobody likes a guy actually wearing shades at night, but I've had some success putting them up as an accessory - if you can get away with it, why not?


So that's my top three for the season. You'll notice all three are wire frame - I'm not a big fan of plastic wrap-arounds - unless you've got the snowboarder look to go along with it they're too flashy. Now don't get me wrong, I've been snowboarding since I was 15, but that doesn't mean I dress the part.

All three pairs are available at eyeglasses.com (along with many other styles), you can click through each picture for more information.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work by Autman is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.